Stopping a Fight

19 May 2020

"How dare you!" hollered Jack as he clenched his fist and punched Ken on his cheek, causing him to stagger backwards from the impact. I watched in horror when I saw the look of surprise on Ken's face morph into a furious glare. He was undaunted by Ben's actions. Retaliating with a punch of his own, he hit Ben squarely on his eye. Immediately, Ben covered his eye and bent over in pain. Dissatisfied with the result, Ken raised his right foot and kicked Ben's stomach with all his might.

Reflexively, I stepped between both of them and tried to push Ken away. However, he was too strong for me. Shoving me aside, he advanced towards Ben and raised his fist in front of his face, threatening to hit him again. Without hesitation, I helped Ben to his feet and tried to drag him away but Ben was not to be defeated by someone who was smaller-sized than he was. Ignoring me, he lunged at Ken, engaging him. Both of them were my best friends. I had to stop the fight. On impulse, I gave each of them a slap across the face. My action seemed to jolt them out of their anger. I asked "What happened? Why are you fighting? We're all friends! "

"Do you know what he did? He is not my friend because he has broken my "Nintendo" game console." Ben said in a cold chilling voice. "This was my turn to play the game but you didn't give it to me, Why? Why?" Ken yelled. They glared at each other. Their eyes flashed with rays of "lightening" that struck each other eyes."Listen, both of you. Don't quarrel. If you don't scramble the"Nintendo" game console, it would not be broken. So you all have responsibility too." You could hear a pin drop until I said, "Don't let this matter affect our friendship. I'm sure there are better way to solve it. Do you agree with me?" "Yes!" they answered.

They could bury the hatchet. Although still looking a little disgruntled, they agreed to sit down and forgave each other. I was glad that I had managed to stop the fight. My eyes lit up like the sky on the first of October.

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

Caught in a storm

Going to the Wetland Park with my parents

A trip to Ocean Park