Going to the Wetland Park with my parents

4 May 2020


I have always liked birds, since the day I heard of those fantastic creatures that could soar through the skies. Normally, I can only see most of them in books and on television, or the ordinary ones flying around Hong Kong. Last Sunday,  I eventually had the chance to see many different species of birds. I was thrilled when my parents told me that they were taking me to the Wetland Park!

After a short Light Rail Ride, we arrived at the gates of the Wetland Park. My parents and I took a photo near the Eco-maze. It was not long before I saw the tall wooden building. It was the birds hide. We walked into the building. When I looked through the telescope, I could take a closer look to all sort of birds. From richly coloured kingfisher staying near the water surface to snow white egret preying in the water, the sight of these magnificent creatures had me racing up and down the park.

We finished the lunch. Then my father suggested us to go to the Mangrove Boardwalk which is the most horrible part in the park.When I stepped on the boardwalk. It was moving! "I'm going to fall into the water!" I screamed in my heart. My legs were trembling and slowly, inch by inch, I walked to the opposite side. I was glad about that. At that moment, I saw some uca arcuata and mudskippers. Finally, we went to see Pui Pui  the crocodile and her home. This is the most famous place in the park. It was ginormous and her razor sharp teeth could kill me in one bite! Today, We spent all day exploring the different parts of the park and taking a good look at all the birds. My knowledge of birds had been enhanced.

All too soon came the time for us to go home. It was getting late and the park need to be closed too, so we left. As I sat between my parents on the Light Rail home, I closed my eyes, remembering all that I had seen that day, and drifted off into a bird-filled dream.

留言

發佈留言

此網誌的熱門文章

Caught in a storm

A trip to Ocean Park