My First Attempt at Cooking

1 May 2020


Last Sunday was my mother's birthday.  Because of the covid-19, we couldn't go out for dinner. My father and I decided to prepare a surprise dinner for my mother. We want to cook a meal that made my mother drool with envy.

At afternoon, when my mother was out with her friends, we prepared the ingredients. A wonderful dinner cannot miss the desert, so I made the pudding and put it in the refrigerator. Next, I started to make the main dish, I put some "emian" and water in the pot and lit the fire. Then, I took out a king lobster and some shrimps from the refrigerator. I washed the lobster and shrimps. When everything was ready, I put the pan on the stove and started to fire the lobster "emian" . While I was busy as a bee for handling my lobster, my father was in charge of borscht and a piece of steak. We were exhausted after cooking a big meal so we took a rest in the living room. We fell asleep consciously. Suddenly, I smelt something burning in the kitchen. I told my father. We dashed to the kitchen and discovered, to his dismay, that the borscht was all boiled away. I had no choice but open a can of soup to replace the homemade one.

I then turned my attention to the next dish, which was fried shrimps. Although I had no experience in frying shrimps, I had often seen my mother doing it. Hence, very confidently, I started to fry the shrimps with the necessary seasoning. Soon, a nice aroma came from the pan. I put the shrimps onto a beautiful plate and placed it on the table. At that moment, my mother came back.  'Surprise!' Father and I shouted. A gigantic grin spread across my mother's face, and her eyes lit up like the sky on the first of October while my mother heard the news.When I tasted the shrimps, I was shocked. It was too sweet! When my mother and father tasted the shrimps, they looked at each other and shook their heads. I suddenly realised that I had added sugar instead of salt to the shrimp. Fortunately, the lobster and the steak are delicious.

When we finished the dinner, I told mother about our mistakes. She listened with amusement and advised me to be more careful in future.

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

Caught in a storm

Going to the Wetland Park with my parents

A trip to Ocean Park