Learning to cycle

9 May 2020


On a beautiful morning, the sky was brilliant blue and the leaves rustled in the gentle breeze. The fresh morning air was crisp and cool. My father was going to teach me how to cycle today, so I was like a dog with two tails.

I tentatively placed my legs on the pedal as my father held my bicycle firmly at the back seat. Slowly, I pedalled down the pavement. After my father let go of the bicycle, I couldn't say boo to a goose, so the bicycle was acting like a tumbler. "Oh my...Crash! " l fell off from the bicycle and my knee got hurt. Fortunately, I was not badly injured. At that moment, I was feeling so upset that tears started flooding my eyes and I hung my head low. My father come to me and said, " Don't be dejected ." My mood was getting better because his words woke me up. Then my father hold up the bicycle. I took a deep breath and rode on the bicycle again. After trying to keep the bicycle balance a hundred times, l finally could control the bike sailing down the pavement on my own! My father stood to the side beaming from ear to ear. I was in seventh heaven at my accomplishment. As a reward, my father brought me to the ice cream shop for my favorite ice cream.

That was the best cycling lesson I had ever had. It told me that failure was the mother of success based on your perseverance. This principle will benefit me for life.

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

Caught in a storm

Going to the Wetland Park with my parents

A trip to Ocean Park