A visit to the Dental therapist

24 May 2020

Last Monday, my mother took me to the School Dental Clinic for my dental check up and teeth scaling. I was terrified. Worst of all I did not have a good sleep the whole night through.

At ten o'clock, we arrived at the clinic just in time . Then, we registered at the counter. The staff told me to sit in the waiting zone. Later, the announcement system called my name and told me to go into the first room.

When I saw the dental therapist, a sense of horror crept up to my face. I was ushered to the dental therapist's chair. Normally I would run away from the frightening surgery with all its horrible drills and pliers, but I did not. I had to get the check up and teeth scaling.

So I sat down on the reclining chair while the dental therapist kept saying some reassuring words. I relaxed somewhat. She asked me to open my mouth. I did so. She started to check up my teeth.

After a few minutes, the dental therapist started to scaling the teeth, I felt that the water was polishing my teeth. Not long after, she told me that the teeth with narrow and deep fissures on the chewing surfaces were more prone to dental decay. I had one of these teeth so she used the fissure sealant to solve this problem. I nodded dumbly in reply. I was scared so I kept my mouth shut. She try to prise open my mouth with her hand. Then, I shut my mouth hard. "Ouch!" she shouted at top of her lungs, her face with a gentle smile became a face with horrible thunder. Under pressure, I opened my mouth. In a blink, she said "Finished!" What wonder, I didn't even feel it.

The dental therapist taught me how to brush my teeth properly and told me to keep my teeth clean so I could prevent my tooth from decay. Then, she said "you can go now." I nodded and went out to the waiting zone where my mother was waiting for me. The visit to the dental therapist was not too bad after all.

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

Caught in a storm

Going to the Wetland Park with my parents

A trip to Ocean Park